Monday, March 05, 2012

The Escape Artist

Karla babysat for us on Friday night. Julia decided she was ready to ditch the crib: Now to my utter frustration - despite mentioning to the sales person multiple times when purchasing her crib that my intention was to convert it to a daybed - there was never any mention of a conversion kit needed to do so. It was clear that if we wanted to convert to a double bed, that we'd need a kit. Needless to say, we need a conversion kit! Ugh! On top of that BuyBuyBaby no longer carries this manufacturer. On the upside, the salesperson was helpful enough to find another dealer for us. The kit's on order. Gonna take 6 weeks to arrive. :( In the meantime, Julia's sleeping on her mattress on the floor.

2 comments:

Auntie Effer said...

Yikes! My heart actually goes out to Karla on this one, having experienced this myself with 2 unrelated children before. Thanks to my lightening-fast speed (precluded by my OCD watching of the monitor), neither escape attempt was successful, but all about a hear attack! I love how proud Julia is of herself! Now, of course, I have that awful "I did it" Dora the Explorer song in my head!

Unknown said...

Los hicimos!

Karla finally got her to bed & then moved the diaper pail away. When we got home, I put it back b/c I knew she'd plan to climb back our when she woke up & I didn't want her to fall out, not noticing the pail was moved!

It wasn't until the next morning that I removed the mattress & put it on the ground.